RADAR + Satellite Data
The IEM generates mosaics of NWS NEXRAD data. These mosiacs are used to generate various products on the IEM website.
- MidWest Mosaic w/ warnings
- CONUS Mosaic
- Convective Watches Overview
- Yesterday (GMT) CONUS Max dBZ Mosiac
- Yesterday (GMT) Iowa Max dBZ Mosaic
Raw Level II Data:
The NWS operated WSR-88D RADARs produce data and products in different formats. Once of these formats is called "Level II" and is high resolution information without much of the processing "Level III" products have.
GIS Web-Mapping Apps:
These applications utilize the NEXRAD mosiacs generated by the IEM.
- Iowa RADAR comparisons
- Current/Archived Mosaic Loop
- Nationwide Weather Warnings. (NWS WFO Friendly)
- Storm Prediction Center (SPC) Watches since 1997.
- VTEC product browser
|20min Mesonet + DMX NEXRAD||Image | Loop | Small Loop|
|20min Mesonet + Mosaic NEXRAD||Image | Loop|